Just a few points before your vasectomy:
- Please download our NHS Patient Pack (NPP), read it carefully and bring it to your appointment
- Don’t forget you need to shave for your appointment (NPP page 2).
- Complete the consent form (NPP page 4)
- Complete your medical history (NPP page 3)
- Confirm your appointment / cancellation (NPP page 7)
Read up about (NPP page 6):
- What painkillers will reduce your pain when taken 2 hours before the procedure
- How to organise yourself, be well prepared.
- What clothes to wear (supportive underpants etc)
- How to shave
- What to have at home
- What to discuss with your partner (NPP page 7)
Reading and completing the patient pack will bring you a lot closer to a successful vasectomy and allow you to get more familiar with the procedure.