Just a few points before your vasectomy:
- Please download our Private Patient Pack (PPP), read it carefully and bring it to your appointment
- Don’t forget you need to shave for your appointment (PPP page 2 and 10).
- Our Admin Department should have emailed you 2 forms:
- Complete the pre-consent form online
- Complete your application, which contains your medical history online.
- Confirm your appointment / cancellation (PPP page 4)
Read up about (PPP page 2-4, 10):
- What painkillers will reduce your pain when taken 2 hours before the procedure
- How to organise yourself, be well prepared.
- What clothes to wear (supportive underpants etc)
- How to shave
- What to have at home (pages 5-9)
Reading a the patient pack and completing the online forms will bring you a lot closer to a successful vasectomy and allow you to get more familiar with the procedure.
If the online forms proof difficult to complete, you can also download and print a Private Patient Paper Pack, complete it and bring it to the appointment. However, online forms are better as the doctor can look at them beforehand.